background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Five Question Friday -- April 1

OK, so it's not yet Friday...but I won't have time tomorrow or any time this weekend, so it's either now or never!  As I was typing the title, I gasped...I HATE April Fool's Day.  Maybe it's because a) I have a HORRIBLE memory and will completely forget that it's April Fool's Day repeatedly throughout the day) and b) I can be a little gullible on occasion.  Here's hoping I make it through the day without looking like a fool (at least, no more than usual!).

1)  Have you ever had surgery?
Nope.  The only times I have ever been a patient in a hospital was to birth a baby (thank goodness!).  Yes, I'm knocking on wood as I type this...

2) Ever ride in an ambulance?
No to this one as well.  I have driven people to the ER, though, on several occasions, and while I like to think I remain calm under pressure, that's really not one of my favorite experiences!!

3) How are you in a medical emergency?  Panicked?  Calm?
Well, this is a mixed bag.  Thankfully I've never been in a REAL medical emergency, where CPR, or the Heimlich, or a tourniquet, or any of that "emergency first aid" are needed.  I think under those circumstances, I would totally panic.  Please God, don't ever test me on that one! :-)  But under lesser circumstances (such as the ones above, where I had to drive loved ones to the ER), I think I'm usually one of the more level-headed, clear-thinking people in the group.

4) Do you have a garden?  Flowers or veggies?
I hate gardening.  I hate everything about it...I hate digging in the dirt, I hate bugs, I hate getting sweaty, I hate weeds, I hate watering and fertilizing.  I think you get the picture.   I don't know the first thing about it...don't know what grows in what season, when to plant things, what kind of food to give them, how to take care of them once they're planted...it's just a big mystery to me.  And I prefer that it stay that way, or I might have to get off my lazy butt and do some yardwork!

5) When did you move out of your parents house?
Well, I went back and forth a few times.  I went to Rhodes College (here in Memphis) and lived on campus, so I basically moved out during the school year, but came home in the summer.  Then when I graduated, I went to grad school in clinical psychology...I moved in with Lesley and we shared an apartment for about a year and a half or so?  I quit school after a year, and then was on the way to becoming engaged, so I moved back home to save up money.  I moved out for good when I got married (the first time!), at age 24.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: