background

Friday, March 11, 2011

Five Question Friday - March 11

Hola friends!  It's Friday (whew!), and for many of you, it's the Friday before Spring Break, which is even better...that means Ashley and I get a break from homework next week, so even though I have to work, it will still feel like a special week to me!!  And I am most definitely ready for the "spring" part of Spring Break.

So here's this week's Five Question Friday:

1) Do you know what your real hair color is?

Yes, it's a slightly less attractive version of the hair you currently see on my head.  Dishwater blonde, I believe is the formal name. :-)  I do get "highlights" every three months or so, and sometimes in the winter I go a tad darker...all just enhancements to my natural color.  For those of you who don't know, I DID go through a "dark" phase (both in life and in hair color) a few years ago...here's a pic:
I doubt I'll ever go that dark again, though it was fun for a while!

2) Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?

This question would seem to imply that the person answering is "off" during the summer and has the freedom to "fly by the seat of their pants".  Alas, I am one of those people who work full-time, so summer is really no different than any other time of year, except that I have the added joy of finding summer camps for Ashley and Tyler.  Ashley did Y Camp for four straight summers, but bless her heart, she's sick of it (and I don't blame her), so I'm investigating other options for this coming summer.  Tyler will go to CTK for summer camp, so to him it will just be a continuation of the school year.

3) What is your favorite meal to cook?

I really, REALLY wish I found joy in cooking.  To me, it is a huge pain and an enormous effort to go through on a daily basis...I desperately wish we could just eat one meal a day (or a week!).  Perhaps then I would feel like it's worth the effort.  Sadly, I can't even come up with an answer for this question...any meal I have to cook myself is at the bottom of my "favorite meals" list.

4) Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?

No, not at all...as long as I know the person received the gift (in the case of one which was mailed), it doesn't bother me at all.  To me, gift-giving is as much about the joy of giving as it is the joy of receiving (and I really mean that!), so it just doesn't really bother me if I'm not thanked for a gift.  Maybe that's because I really only give gifts to people I am close to, and so I know that they appreciate it without them having to say it.  Of course, it's NICE to know that someone appreciated something, but I don't want my gift to become a burden ("oh great, now I've got to dig out my notecards and write a thank you note")...that kind of ruins the "yay, I got a gift!" feeling that I'm trying to impart!!

5) How did you meet your best friend?

This assumes that you only have ONE!  I hate to narrow it down, because I have several friends that I consider "best", but we'll go with the top two.  We'll start with Carrie, since she's already pictured above...we've been friends since seventh grade (1985!).  I know we met in Band (we both played clarinet), but I can't remember if she came to summer band that year (before school started), or if I didn't meet her until school actually started.  I think it was the latter.  Anyway, I wouldn't say we became BEST friends until later on in high school, but we always "ran with the same crowd", so to speak, so we've been friends for over 25 years.

And of course, my sweet husband Mallory is also my best friend :-)  I haven't known him nearly as long (just 3 1/2 years, and we've been married for almost three of those!), but we both just kind of knew as soon as we met that we were kindred souls, I guess you could say.  We met on match.com, and I just knew as soon as I looked at his profile that it wasn't just coincidence that we found one another...both Methodists, both went to small liberal arts colleges and majored in psychology, a lot of the same likes and dislikes.  No, obviously that's not enough to build a marriage on, but it was enough to open the door so that we could discover the REST of the stuff that IS enough!

Happy Friday friends!!!

1 comment:

Mama Y'all said...

Love it! I really liked the dark hair.

Thanks for the donation!