background

Friday, March 4, 2011

Five Question Friday

1. Have you ever forgotten your child in a store or at school?  I think I can honestly answer "never" to this question.  And please understand what a big deal that is, when you consider that their father and I have one of the most complicated custody schedules I've ever heard of (but it works for us!)...in four and a half years of rotating who drops off and picks up from school, I have a perfect record so far of remembering when it's my turn!

2. Where did you go on your very first date? (Like...first first, not first with your spouse or current significant other!) It was when I was a sophomore in high school (just turned 15)...my date and I double-dated with my BFF Heather and her boyfriend at the time.  It's a little foggy, but I do remember going to Oak Court Mall for some reason (did we eat dinner there?  No clue) and then stopping by the local "mom and pop" video rental store and renting a movie for all of us to watch at my house.  I was sooooooooooooo nervous the entire night because I had never kissed a boy before...the good night kiss was fairly unremarkable, but boy was I glad to have "the first kiss" out of the way so I could stop obsessing over it!
3. What's your "silly" fear? (We're not talking water and heights. Hmm, I'm not really sure.  I am NOT a fan of bugs, but I don't consider myself to be abnormal in that respect...I'll kill the small things, but if they are large enough to make a crunching sounds and/or a mess when you squash them, I generally find a way to trap them under a cup and leave them for my sweet husband to dispose of.  I probably have an irrational fear of being a victim of random violence, but again, I don't think I'm bordering on pathological (and I DO live in Memphis...not that crazy of a fear!).  If I come up with anything better, I'll post it.
4. Confrontation: do you cause it, deal with is as it comes, or run far far away? I avoid it whenever possible.  Hate it, hate it, hate it.  If everyone would just do what they're supposed to do, there would be no need for confrontation, now would there?  Maybe that should be my "silly" fear...my fear of confrontation!
5. Wood floors or carpet?  Good question.  I think I'm going to have to say a mix.  Growing up in homes that had an abundance of wall to wall carpet, I sometimes find wood floors to be a little too cold, echo-ey, difficult to keep clean (yes, I know my carpet isn't REALLY clean and I'd be disgusted if I saw all the crud beneath the surface, but there's just something so satisfying about the way carpet looks when it's freshly vacuumed!).  But they are really growing on me, and I think we'll be taking out the carpet downstairs and replacing with hardwood in the not-too-distant future.  But I still like carpet in the bedrooms.

1 comment:

Mama Y'all said...

Keep those 5QF coming!