background

Friday, March 18, 2011

Five question Friday -- March 18



In case you're wondering where the five questions come from each week, I steal them from Edi...but she gets them from the blog above.  What a great idea!

1) Have you ever testified in court?  For what?
Once, when I got divorced.  There are a couple standard questions they ask anyone who files for divorce (honestly, I don't even remember what they are...something like "do you see any hope of reconciling in the future?"), and you just answer with either "yes" or "no", but I'll tell you...being in a courtroom is nerve-wracking!  I cannot IMAGINE how scary it would be to actually testify in a real trial, even if I was nothing more than a witness.  Many thanks to my dear friend Jennifer for accompanying me to court that day, because I would not have wanted to go it alone!

2) Do you still have your wedding dress?
Yup, both of them!  At least, I think I do...I think the original wedding dress lives in a closet at my parents house...maybe Ashley will want it some day.  And the more recent dress is hanging in my own closet.

3) Is there a special place you like to go when you're happy, sad, stressed, etc?
Not really, though if the beach was closer, that would be my answer!  Why does the beach have to be so freaking far away???  Of course, if I lived too close, it probably wouldn't be special any more, so I guess it's a trade-off.

4) If you have kids, do they sleep with you?  If you don't have kids, will you let your kids sleep with you when/if you have them?
Nope, nope, nope.  I never wanted to open that can of worms.  Plus, I am a really light sleeper...the (very) few times I was so desperately tired that I brought one of the babies into the bed with me, neither one of us could sleep!  Now it's much more fun though...I love cuddling with both my kiddos before bed when I tuck them in and we occasionally have "slumber party" night in the guest room (only one kid at a time, though...I can't get comfortable if they're both in the bed, even though it's king size, and neither of them want to "share" me when we're in situations like that). 

5) Do you watch late night TV?
Not really, because I'm rarely able to stay up that late!  I've just never been a night owl.  You can ask Amy, my college roomie...I was probably the only person on campus who was in bed by 10:30 most "school nights"!  And that was late for me...the only reason I could do it then was because I usually didn't have to get up very early.  Now I'm usually in bed between 9:30 and 10p.  But I do love SNL, so I always record it and watch it another time.

Okay, now that we've dispensed with that...family updates.  Ashley is taking karate now, which she really likes so far.  She goes two or three times a week and is really working hard.  I'll try to post a pic soon.  Tyler only has a few more months until Kindergarten, which is really hard for me to believe.  Mallory's birthday (39) was last week and mine (37) is Sunday.  Other than that, no real news to report!  Hope you are all well.

No comments: