background

Friday, May 27, 2011

Five Question Friday - May 27

Ugh! I'm STILL suffering from sinus mess!  It hasn't really gotten any worse, so I really don't think it's a sinus infection (yet), but I'm so over blowing my nose and coughing.  But hey, it's a holiday weekend...I feel better already! :-)

Tyler graduated from Pre-K last night *sniff sniff*.  We are now the proud parents of a fifth grader and a kindergartener!  So hard to believe.

On to the questions:

1) Do you apologize to your kids?
Absolutely.  No one is perfect, and I think it's important for kids to know that even parents don't have all the answers and don't always handle things perfectly.

2) What color are your nails right now?
Fingernails, natural.  Toenails, kind of a dark burgundy.  I honestly can't remember the last time I had painted fingernails...it's just too much trouble.  Before kids (and marriage!), I went and got a manicure every week...ahh, those were the days.

3) When you were growing up, how difficult was it for you to stay home from school sick? (As in, did you have to vomit or just say "I don't feel good"?)
My mom usually took pity on me if I said I didn't feel good.  BUT, I was able to do that because I didn't take advantage of the situation very often.  Important Life Lesson -- if you do what you're supposed to do 99% of the time, you can get away with a lot more than the people who always push the limits. :-)

4) When was the last time you bought a new comforter for your bed?
Well, it wasn't TOO long ago...back when we painted our bedroom, which was maybe about a year and a half ago?  But I'm not the type to swap out comforters on a whim...as long as it stays clean-looking (it's white), it will be around for a while!

5) Favorite website(s)?
Well, Facebook.  You probably knew that already.  I also love to read other people's blogs.  And for a chuckle, I like http://catalogliving.net/ and http://www.theonion.com/.  And I've always loved amazon.com, especially now that I have a Kindle.  They have EVERYTHING!

No comments: