background

Friday, May 13, 2011

Five Question Friday - May 13

Once again, I am finding work to be more relaxing than home...tomorrow, I am co-leading a Cars event for preschoolers at church from 8:30-2:00, Tyler has his first t-ball game at 10:00am (which I have to miss, and provide snacks for), and Ashley has a birthday swim party to attend from noon to 4p.  I'm exhausted just thinking about it!  Just three more weeks till the beach...

1) Tube socks, calf socks, crew, ankle, none?
I despise true tube socks, the kind with no defined heel.  I HATE socks that don't fit correctly and stay where they are supposed to stay.  The other options all depend on what else I'm wearing with them!

2) Was your child's (children's) name a mutual decision or was it a debate?  If you don't have children, do you plan on giving your spouse a say, or do you have a name you MUST have, regardless if your other half likes it or not?!
Well, since I'm not a selfish demanding b!tch, it was a mutual decision (what a strange question...I can't imagine demanding that I get to name a child that clearly has two parents!).  I will share a funny story...Ashley's name was originally going to be Brooke (because I liked it) Elizabeth (because I liked it and it was a family name on my ex-husband's side).  I can't recall if this conversation took place before or during my pregnancy (I'm pretty sure it was during, and perhaps we even knew it was a girl by then), but I was chatting with my then-sister-in-law about baby names and said I like Brooke Elizabeth for a girl, and a look of horror came across her face...that was HER name, that she'd been planning on naming her first daughter for years and years.  At first I was frustrated...I mean, what if she never even had a girl and the name went to waste?  But in the interest of family harmony (story of my life), we found a new name for Ashley Susannah.

Tyler didn't get his name until fairly far along in that pregnancy.  I wanted Cooper and his father wanted Drew, and we had a Mexican standoff for a while (I think we were both hoping that the other would "come around").  Then when we realized we weren't getting anywhere, we agreed to ditch both names and start over.

3) What is your favorite type of weather?
Sunny and 75.  Unless we're at the beach, in which case I'll bump it up to sunny and 82.

4) If left to your own devices, what time would you wake up every day?
Well, after a few days of sleeping late to catch up on my constant state of sleep deprivation, I'd probably settle in around 8-8:30...seems like that's when I tended to get up in college (on the days that I didn't have an 8:00 class).

5) Have you bought your cemetary plots yet?
Gosh, no.  There are just too many other things to spend money on at this point in our lives.  I guess the hope would be that life insurance would pay for it when that time comes.

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: