I'm not making any promises...maybe I'll start weekly updates again, or maybe I'll ignore my blog for another couple of months. :-) But I have a tiny bit of a breather today and am clearly looking to avoid the work I DO need to get done today, so here's a 5 minute diversion for both of us. I'll do a family update at the bottom.
1. If you had a weekly newspaper column, what would you name it? I don't like this question, because as the years have passed, all my creativity seems to have leaked out of my brain. I'm ignoring it...I've got nothing.
2. Who is your mentor/inspiration? Oh my, this is a tough one. I suppose the first name that comes to mind is Jesus...I really do feel like I've reached a point in my Christian life where I try to ask the age-old WWJD question in challenging situations.
3. What is your wake up beverage of choice? Pretty much every week day, my breakfast consists of a package of peanut butter crackers and an icy cold can of Diet Dr. Pepper (consumed in the car on the way to work). I don't necessarily HAVE to have DDP in the morning, but there is something about that routine that is so comforting. I wish I liked coffee, but I just don't...I've tried it a few times, doctoring it up with entirely too much cream and sugar, even cocoa...I just don't care for it. I don't do tea, either...I don't like the inconsistency of beverages that you have to add a bunch of stuff to to make it drinkable.
4. Would you wear your mom's clothes? Sorry Mom if you read this, but no. We've not had the same taste in clothes in roughly 25 years...and we were never the type of mother/daughter pair who borrowed clothes out of each other's closets. Now my mother-in-law is a different story...I love her fashion sense...but I'd have to lose about 60 lbs and shrink a few inches to make that work!
5. When you were a kid, did you put posters on your wall? If so, what were they of? As I recall, I was expressly forbidden to put holes in my walls, so no posters :-( But I'm not really sure what posters I would've put up anyway, besides cute kittens or puppies. Maybe funny posters, like The Far Side or Calvin and Hobbes, both of which I loved back then.
Family update...school is going really well for the kiddos! Fifth grade is SO MUCH BETTER than fourth grade (due to the teachers, I suspect) and so much more manageable in terms of the homework expectations. And Tyler is loving Kindergarten and going to "big school" with Sissy. It's so nice to drop them off and pick them up together, and we are enjoying the raise that came with Tyler entering public school. Mallory has been working out of town for what seems like an eternity now...since the beginning of August (he was in training in Arkansas)...but this is his last week and he should be back home and settled at the Wolfchase location of On The Border next week. Nothing new with me...work's been pretty busy lately, which is good because it makes the time pass more quickly. My non-work hours are filled with transporting children to soccer games, cheer practice, football games, and Girl Scouts...our life is good!
Things could always go horribly awry.
6 years ago