background

Friday, April 8, 2011

Five stinking pounds

So I've been on my "healthy eating" routine for about 4 weeks now, and I've lost five pounds.  I suppose I'm a little jaded due to being a Biggest Loser fan, but those people drop that much (and more) in a week.  Yes, I know they are exercising 6-8 hours a day, and I can barely drag myself around the block most days, and yes, I know they have nutritionists and healthy food at their disposal...blah blah blah...but still...five pounds is all I've managed to lose?  After four weeks of recording the nutritional value of every thing that has gone in my mouth?  After giving up milk chocolate for dark?  After completely ignoring the candy basket at work for an entire month?

This is where it gets hard.  It's always at this point that I want to give up, that it doesn't feel worth it, that I'm tired of feeling "deprived" and want to go buy a couple of Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs and devour them.  But I haven't given up hope yet.  I have to admit, I really haven't had to go HUNGRY on my eating plan.  I've been satisfied, I still eat things I enjoy (no baked fish and steamed broccoli for me).  I eat 3 dark chocolate with almond Hershey Nuggets after lunch each day, which I look forward to and feel satisfied with.  I don't go to bed with a growling, empty stomach.  And I still lost weight.  So maybe if I can stick with it, and throw in a little exercise, maybe I can keep this up until this is my new "normal".  And then it won't feel like a diet, per se, but just a sensible way of eating.  Here's hoping...

1 comment:

Mama Y'all said...

I lost 5 pounds when I first started my diet and now I'm stuck. I bought Jillian Michaels 30 day shred last night, so hopefully I'll lose 5 more in the next 30 days. Ha ha! Good luck with making your non diet a lifestyle.

P.S. - I LOVE Biggest Loser - We've watched every season except 1.