background

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Here we go again...

Yes, it's me again...the blog slacker. And no, I still don't have any pictures to post this time, since I'm technically supposed to be "working" right now instead of blogging. I feel guilty about my lack of blogging lately, but I just haven't had that much to blog about! OK, that's not entirely true, but given the fact that this is a public blog and I don't always know who my audience is, I don't feel like I can always be completely straightforward!

So yes, the IRS audit is over. I will not go into details except to say that regardless of my "positive thinking" beforehand, it turned out exactly the opposite of how I had hoped that it would. So now our attorneys can add this to the pissing contest that is about to begin. But that's okay, because that was a very small battle compared to the potential upcoming war that I have tried and tried to avoid.

I've had two solid weeks of sick children at home. The week of 8/24, it was Tyler with pneumonia/bronchitis/something like that. Then the week of 8/31, it was Ashley, and she missed the entire week with fever and sore throat (negative for strep, though). This week is our first "normal" week in a while, and of course I'm now getting sick, just in time for my weekend "off" from the kids. Oh well.

Mallory had hair transplant surgery on 8/29 in Nashville, which went very well...he got his stitches out yesterday and we are so pleased with the results so far. It will be a while before we really know what a full head of hair looks like, as the transplanted follicles will go dormant for a few months from the "trauma" of being moved around, but you can already see that it's going to be very successful.

Can't think of anything else, but I'll try to get some new pics of the kids soon, I promise (I know that's why 98% of you even look at this blog!) :)

No comments: