background

Monday, June 20, 2011

Five Question Friday -- a couple days late!

Ashley and I had a FAB.U.LOUS time at the beach together.  Since I've misplaced my camera cord, I'm going to have to figure out how to download pics directly off the memory card.  But if you're on FB, you've probably already seen pics.  Tough to come back to reality, but I missed my boys and gladly traded the carefree beach life to come back home to them.  It also helped that my new car was waiting for me at the dealership...I have a beautiful new Ford Explorer!  My very first car that is EXACTLY what I want...no compromises involved.  Many thanks to my hubby for making it possible and for giving me my "princess" moment! :-)

1) What is your favorite summertime activity?
Given that I HATE to sweat, I'd have to say anything indoors!  But if it has to be outside, I guess it would be swimming.  I so wish that the beach was closer...even though it was just as hot there as it was here, the constant breeze made it so much more enjoyable!

2) Do you have one laundry soap you stick to, or do you buy whatever's on sale?
Well, most of the time we use Kirkland Signature (from Costco) because it's such a good deal, but occasionally they'll run a coupon for a name brand and I'll get that, just to have a little variety.

3) What is your favorite dinner to make in the summer?
Ha!  I don't have any "favorite" dinners that involve ME MAKING THEM!  But I will say that I have fond memories of my mom grilling shish-ka-bobs in the summer and making fresh raspberry pie (still one of my very favorites).  I don't think I got many of my mom's genes, given how pitiful I am at all things domestic.

4) Do you have any talents?
Hmm.  None that I can think of immediately.  I mean, I do have some musical aptitude, but it's been years since I played the clarinet.  I sure wish I could sing, but I'd say I'm pretty average in that area.  I'm a super speller...does that count? :-)  And I'm really good at the easy level of Guitar Hero!

5) If you could instantly be an expert in something, what would it be?  Why?
Well, my first thought is "making money", but that seems like cheating...a bit like using one of your three wishes to ask for a million more wishes.  So my second answer is "parenting".  Because it's the most important job I will ever do, and I don't want to screw it up!

No comments: